Certified by the Department of Labor, clients participating in our Job & Life Skills program work at the Unicorn Centers on sub-contracted jobs in cooperation with area businesses. This is often the first experience that many have had holding a job. Unicorn takes pride in assuring that every client is paid for their work.
Through their participation in our Job & Life Skills program, participating clients:
- learn how to work with successfully others
- follow multi-step directions
- learn to work with a supervisor
- learn how to stay on task
- practice working with job site tools & machines
- practice counting, money and math skills
- practice successful & safe assembly and packaging
- learn about work place safety
Inbetween contract participation times, clients work with our exceptional staff - many of whom are retired teachers and business leaders. Clients participate in familiar school and classroom activities such as reading, writing, math and current affairs. Furthermore, clients engage in activities teaching and practicing important life skills and curriculum especially geared to adults with special needs such as personal hygiene, healthy shopping and meal preparation, cooking and cleaning skills, home safety, personal safety, etc.
What do our contracts and projects look like? Contract operations include, but are not limited to:
- sub-contract work
- fixed cost
- cost effective
- light manufacturing
- bulk mailing
- quality controlled and turn-key
Let's get started! CLICK HERE to complete and submit our Customer Enrollment Form.