Our Statement of Philosophy is presented to define the Christian foundation on which Mission Road Ministries has been built and on which it continues to grow. It is not meant to be exclusive of the faiths of others. As well, this philosophy statement does not impose belief. We affirm that belief is a personal matter determined by each individual.
As an organization sponsored by First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio and following the example of Christian love and concern which was expressed in the lives of our founders, Clifford and Adele Bledsoe, we believe in the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and therefore, we affirm:
- That all persons are created in the image and likeness of God and thereby have inherent dignity and worth.
- That Jesus Christ reconciles persons to God and to one another.
- That love and service of God is manifested in love and service to others.
In response to these beliefs, Mission Road is committed to:
- Identifying and responding to the needs of the developmentally disabled whom are often forgotten or rejected because they are identifiably different and have special needs.
- Affirming the dignity, value, and contribution which all persons have and can make as children of God.
- Promoting an environment of Christian community modeled on the Gospel imperative to love God with all of our heart, and mind, and soul, and strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves. This is lived out in servant leadership, compassionate honesty, affirmation of the whole person, responsible stewardship and self-giving care for one another.
Statement of Purpose
Persons with intellectual and other developmental disabilities can and should have the opportunity to be recognized for their potential, not their limitations while leading fulfilling lives within their own community. Mission Road’s purpose is to provide quality care to ensure that our clients reach their maximum potential for independence, productivity and inclusion in the community.
FAITH | FAMILY | INTEGRITY | RESPECT | TEAMWORK
To fulfill our Call to minister to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, Mission Road is guided by values that define our relationship with one another and shape our vision for the future.
FAITH - Christian faith is the foundation for our ministry
FAMILY - We are committed to each other through unconditional love, care and understanding
INTEGRITY - We conduct ourselves with compassionate honesty, ethical behavior and responsible leadership
RESPECT - We accept the individuality of each person and value their contribution
TEAMWORK - Relying on each other, we can achieve Mission Road’s mission